Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Team Texas to Play Home Games At Rice Stadium

I didn't see a press release, but the official Team Texas page seems to confirm the long standing rumor that the games are going to be played at Rice stadium.

I have mixed emotions about this one. The last game I saw in that stadium did not go well(Texas v. Rice '95). I know they've renovated it a quite a bit so I hope it is nicer now. My biggest complaint is that all the home games are going to be in Houston. I was really hoping that they'd have at least one in Dallas. We recently moved from Houston to Dallas and we still have tons of friends there so it won't be like we don't have a reason to go back. My dear sweet wife already puts up with my football shenanigans for so many weekends in the fall that this might be a tough one to sell.

If you work for Team Texas please do your best to get us a game in Dallas. Austin and San Antonio would be nice as well. The yearly trip to those places could help folks keep up with all sorts of friends that they've lost touch with.

No comments: