Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Profile: The Coach - John Jenkins

I found this article about John Jenkins to be insightful. I would advise reading that article before continuing.

Wow. What can one say? I guess we're in for a wild ride. Let me be the first to say that I'm thrilled that we're going to have some sort of spread offense. I hope he is adaptive enough to implement the zone read running plays as a counterbalance to the run-n-shoot.

I'm not so thrilled to have a character coach. I have visions of Jerry Glanville and Buddy Ryan running through my head. I love the Mack Brown CEO coach. I don't want our coach to be bigger then our team. I also don't want to start a fire-john-jenkins.com right out of the gate. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. If his history is any indication he may not be here for long.

We will have to see how things turn out. One thing is for sure, the offense isn't going to be boring.

No comments: