Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Profile: Superbacks Coach - Donald Hollas

Interesting story here. Donald Hollas' dad was my 4th and 6th grade principal. True story. I think I was in Junior High when he was playing QB for the Lamar Consolidated Mustangs. I followed him a bit because I felt like I knew someone famous. I think he may have even come over to swim in our pool when my cousin had a big party. I remember being really disappointed when the Bengals drafted him because I was a huge Oiler fan at the time. I'm glad he's back with the good guys.

You can read more about him here: Wikipedia Article On Donald Hollas
His NFL stats are here: Donald Hollas NFL Stats
Here is an old article featuring him from his playing days: SF Gate Article on Hollas
Hollas Coached the Katy Ruff Riders last season. Here is a pdf summarizing their season: Ruff Riders Season

What does all this tell us? Not much. What is a superbacks coach anyway? Hollas played at Rice back in the option days so I would imagine he has some keen insights on getting backs into space. Hopefully Jenkins will work in some nice plays for the backs. We can also hold out some hope that the QB we end up with will have some legs.

No comments: